Friday, December 13, 2019

2019

I don't usually look back very much but I started thinking about how my art life was in 2019...and it was pretty darn groovy...so here is 2019 in a nutshell.

Steven Rhude and I had a talk in Annapolis Royal in February and word got out to a CBC reporter, Laura Kenins, which resulted in this....

https://www.cbc.ca/arts/think-you-know-the-story-of-maud-lewis-two-nova-scotia-artists-want-you-to-reconsider-the-myth-1.5038991?cmp=FB_Post_Arts&fbclid=IwAR2wM2OJsxYu8MechiK7YfcWvUqCoawmcbIx1TrepRgU6f9Tr33Bf-9uDJM

 In June I did my first artist residency and  spent almost a week with 14 other NS artists in the Cape Breton Highlands just outside of Cheticamp. We hiked, attended talks, and chatted, it was a really great experience and I am in the process of producing work from this.  The exhibit will be travelling the province in 2020.



In August I was an artist at the NS Folk Art Festival and was then contacted by Fog Forest Gallery in Sackville NB wanting me to be a gallery artist and had "It's All About Judy" in October.


In November I participated in the Craft NS Winter Show after a five year hiatus and will for sure be back next year. I had a lovely chat with a textile designer at the show and we are going to be working on a little project together.
Thank you everyone...all this doesn't happen without people supporting me and I truly appreciate it.

And how is 2020 shaping up?
Groovy.
:)




No comments:

Post a Comment