Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Excerpt from Billie 2017, Volume 2/Issue 2

I came across this and found it so cool as I love Nancy Edell's work..so to be mentioned in the same paragraph is ..well, it lifts my spirits.

The Hooked Rugs of Alexandrya Eaton
Family Ties

Atlantic rug hooking artists Nancy Edell and Laura Kenney both explore the dreams, experiences and humour of women working in rug hooking. Throughout the 1990s, Nancy Edell created a series called Art Nuns, and Kenney's work currently features a character named Judy. I saw their work at the Art Gallery of Nova Scotia after my first visit with Eaton and reflected on their shared decision to use this most traditional of media to portray modern women and communicate a feminist message.



 https://www.alexandryaeaton.com/media/docs/Billie_2017_-_family_ties_-_Alexandrya_Eaton.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment